The IL SHRM Conference & Expo, invites you to submit a presentation to share your knowledge and expertise with the single largest event for Human Resource professionals in Oakbrook Terrance, Illinois, October 23-25, 2022. This year’s’ conference will be held in a hybrid format with in person and virtual attendance options.
Our conference and expo is a forum for HR professionals to expand their HR body of knowledge, learn new HR strategies, receive recertification credits (SHRM/HRCI), develop in-demand skills and connect and network with subject matter experts, colleagues & other area practitioners.
The IL SHRM Conference & Expo will be held over three days, October 23-25, 2022, drawing over 500 human resource professionals. The Conference Program Committee strives each year to select a line up of first-class speakers, with the goal of allowing our attendees to hear and experience educational, informative and innovative speakers on a variety of topics.
Presentations will be reviewed and evaluated by the ILSHRM Conference Planning Committee based on content, format and presenter credentials. We are looking for sessions that: are relevant and timely, covers topics related to or based on the Human Resource Body of Knowledge and provide how-to’s and real-world applications.
For this Conference, we have three goals for attendees and participants:
- To leave with initiatives they will be able to implement within their organizations
- Learn new and impactful HR strategies
- To connect with new people for future collaboration
2022 Speaker Requirements:
- Speakers must present in person or provide a live virtual session.
- Speakers must adhere to all deadlines established by the committee
- Speakers will receive a complimentary registration for the entire conference for networking, and recertification credit if needed.
- In person speakers will be reimbursed for mileage and/or airfare and one night of lodging if traveling more than 250 miles round-trip.
Some questions the reviewers will consider:
- Content: Is the information timely, relevant and innovative? Does it align with HR professional competencies? Do the description and learner outcomes clearly state what participants will take from this session?
- Format: Is the session format conducive for adult learners? Does the session engage the audience? Does the session address all learner types? Are there interesting elements in the format that could serve as a model?
- Presenter: Is the presenter knowledgeable, experienced and credible on the proposed topic? Did the presenter receive positive recommendations from credible references? Is the speaker able to effectively and professionally present a virtual session?